Open Water Swimming is one of the fastest growing mass participation sports.
Ride Leisure has become an accredited lake for Open Water Swimming and is part of the National Open Water Coaching Association (NOWCA). This affiliation provides us, as a centre, with a wealth of knowledge from ex professional athletes, current tri athletes and individuals experienced in Open Water Swimming. This knowledge and experience assists us in providing a great facility which is safe for our Open Water Swimmers.
2019 dates and times
April to October – Saturdays and Sundays 9am – 11am
NOWCA members £6 click here to join
Non members £8
- NOWCA ensures the highest standards of safety, coaching and facilities at NOWCA accredited lakes; attracting open water swimmers through reassurance of the quality of service they can expect to experience
- Provides information and services related to Open Water Swimming via the NOWCA website; incorporating dedicated web pages for NOWCA accredited lakes and login pages for all swimmer members
- Provides many membership benefits to swimmers and lakes, encouraging the growth of open water swimming
- Facilitates the running of a free weekly 400meter NOWCASwim Event at participating lakes across Britain, utilising the NOWCA i System to time the participants and log results
- Provides provision for discounted rates of insurance for open water swimming and coaching for members